Friday, May 20, 2011

LISTENING.DESCRIBING HOUSES

Os dejo diferentes descripciones de casas: prestad atención al vocabulario y a los adjetivos que se utilizan:
http://englishgoonline.com/1/listening-skill/for-beginner/186-listen-to-the-describing-the-place-and-houses-where-you-live.html

Os adjunto la transcripción:
Today on English Bites we're asking people about their houses. Are they big or small? How do you describe the place where you live?ALEX: A four room, four-bedroom house. It's got a Mediterranean feel, it's kind of got calm, warm colours. It's pretty spacious and it's got a pretty backyard. It's got a two-car garage. A pretty standard house and a lot of the houses on the street all look the same.I think it was designed by the same architect.SAM: It's a red brick house, a two-storey red brick house that has a garage and my parent's family room, a family room, my room and my brother's room. And we have a pool, a swimming pool outside and a small garden.SARAH: It's a semi-detached townhouse, so it's got two bedrooms upstairs and also a study and downstairs I've got the lounge room and the kitchen and a sort of built on dining room onto that. So it's not very big but it's enough.JUSTIN: It's an old house, probably 100 years old, and it's got lots of rose bushes and a big back yard with a shed and some fruit trees.It's got very high ceilings and wooden floorboards. There's about five bedrooms and a big kitchen and a big lounge room.MELITA: It's a red brick house, it's got a quite a big front yard, quite a big backyard, has three bedrooms, one bathroom and it's got a top storey as well.SUSAN: My house is a small white house with a big garden and lots of windows, and lots of doors I guess. It has a big garden.
____________________________
Notice: Describing houses
It’s a two storey red brick house that has a garage and my parent’s room, a family room, my room and my brother’s room. And we have a swimming pool outside and a small garden. They use lots of adjectives. My house is a small white house with a big garden and lots of windows, and lots of doors I guess.
So even using simple adjectives, you can build quite a good description of a house.

No comments: